Tuesday 17 May 2011

Finally.

I woke up this morning to gloom. A dark sky, not a glimpse of blue to be seen, and a tell-tale dampness hanging on everything. And I couldn't be more thrilled.
I know that sounds strange, but I can't remember the last time we had rain here. We've had the odd overcast day here and there, and it's threatened on a couple of occasions, but the whole of April was bone dry, and our garden is suffering. Even with my frantic watering it's still not the same as a good ole' deluge. I'm not sure that's quite what we're going to get today, but I'll take what I can get, and thoroughly enjoyed my potter around the garden in the drizzle earlier.
I'm sorry it's been so quiet around here. I have good intentions, and then my memory card loses my pictures, and I get distracted by things like being able to selfishly knit again (hurrah for the end of the test knit), and dashing across to other cities to visit friends returning from exotic climes. Right now I'm afraid I shall have to leave you content with some very happy, damp-looking plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment