Wednesday 12 May 2010

Cake is coming...

A big thank you to everyone for voting. I promised cake, and you shall have cake. One that got rave reviews at the Food Junctions event. However, I need to make it again, and take photos, as the only proof I have is an empty tin and the full bellies of the people leaving my talk with suspicious crumbs around their mouths. 

We have just returned from a whirlwind visit to Spain. Five hours sightseeing followed by three days of family chatter in bars, and at train stations (an awful lot of time was spent here it would seem). Fortunately the ash only delayed us by an hour. Thank you Joe.

I shall bake this evening, and photograph and bring it to you with smiles and more thank yous. I also have some cookies to share. But tomorrow...until then I shall leave you with photographic proof of why I love my new job (and why I won't be going anywhere near a bikini this summer...) 


4 comments:

  1. I can wait!
    Pity some jobs come with foodie perks. Therer are wonderful scones on sale where I work but I've had to be resolute and look away. (Nothing to do with bikinis, by the way. More about everyday clothing feeling very snug!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I've been trying to avoid admitting the snugness of various piece of clothing! I'm impressed at your looking away, please can I have some of your will power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me miss my old job in Washington. We had a french bakery next door.
    Sounds like you had a lovely trip. I'm jealous of my European friends who can travel to amazing places so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nom nom nom, Ottolenghi pain au chocolat and coffee... What I wouldn't give for that right now! But I have to stop eating cake!!! It's not working. Not one little bit... Especially with the rhubarb crumble bars sitting in front of me right now. Oh well! xx

    ReplyDelete