Wednesday 16 July 2008

In season at last

The summer might have finally arrived. Perhaps not the blisteringly hot sunny days I would hope for, but the time for booking holidays and enjoying the summer fruits.

Last night we booked our flights to Italy. Whoo! I'm so excited. It's going to be so beautiful and of course, so tasty!

This morning I cycled down to the tube station, outside which there is a fruit and veg stall. She always seems to have British produce and last week the raspberries we had were gorgeous. So I dutifully went off this morning to get some more, thing is she had blueberries as well. They're N's favourite so I couldn't resist. I bought three punnets of each, have put one of each in the fridge and set the others freezing so that we'll have delicious native summer berries later in the year when they're not available in the shops.


Thing is, I've just remembered that I was supposed to get cherries and a lemon. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment