Saturday 1 November 2008

A post a day keeps the doctor away.

I can't believe it's November already. Just when I was settling in and enjoying the bright autumnal sunshine of October, the snow arrives, and BANG, we're almost in winter. I don't mind winter, but I'd rather it held off for a bit. At least until I've managed to get a winter coat and some jumpers.

November doesn't only mean the final, more blustery and cold month of autumn, it also signals the beginning of NaNoWriMo. A frantic time in which people try and write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. N is taking part this year, and so to show my part I am unofficially taking part in NaBloPoMo. This is the blog eqivalent, which means you must post every day. Not as hardcore as trying to write a book I don't think, but I thought I'd show willing. Most food bloggers are trying to also bake and cook and put up their recipes etc once a day. I'm afraid I can't manage that, not least because I am already too distracted from my work and need no more excuses to drag me out of the study, but also because I can't afford to be baking that much, our waistlines just couldn't cope!

So I will be relying on the post backlog from my October baking, as well as photos and witty anecdotes. Hopefully it'll still keep you amused and interested.

Right now though, I am going to have to dash and rescue our warming pain au chocolate from the oven and frantically prepare for yet another wedding...

I shall leave you with this lovely picture of one of my all time favourite places in London, perhaps even the world: The Natural History Museum.




No comments:

Post a Comment