Monday 18 February 2008

Cupcake prettiness

We had a flurry of activity in January and as a result there was an inevitable flurry in the kitchen. Towards the end of the month N's parents came to visit, and although I never need an excuse to make cakes the occasion did seem to provide the perfect reason. The only problem was that his parents now live in France, home of the pâtisserie, of not only delicious cakes and pastries, but also ones that are divinely presented. So the pressure was on.

This was the result:



A set of cute lemon cupcakes iced with gloriously coloured butter icing and topped with sugar flowers. Although the cupcake mix itself wasn't very good (too buttery I think: half of those I made fell apart and so my yield in the end was only six - better for the waistline, not great for domestic goddess esteem) I thought that the results with the icing were so pretty (the picture really doesn't do them justice) and I just can't wait to have an excuse to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment